Monday, September 6, 2010

Two Weeks Closer to a PharmD...

Well it has been officially two weeks since I have started pharmacy school and believe it or not with only two weeks in, our first exam is tomorrow! CRAZY, right? So the majority of yesterday and today I have been endlessly going over lecture notes, listening to the lecture recordings again, and doing the assigned readings. So needless to say I need a break from DNA replication, transcription, translation, etc. So I decided to take a break to post on my neglected blog. I thought I would have more free time and would of course be able to update everyone with the news from Winchester; however, I was sadly mistaken....
... I am in class from roughly 9 to 4 three days a week, in lab from 10-3 one day a week, and volunteer at service learning sites for a total of 4 hours a week. During the school week, I am drained and have just enough energy to eat supper and go to bed. I believe I am even turning into an old lady with my 9:30 or 10:00 bedtime routine, but I am just so exhausted that I cannot stay up later if I tried. I just can't figure out why because I am surely not as busy as I was last school year. Last year I had classes 3 days a week, babysat 3 days a week, and worked at a church on Sunday and of course had to make time for weekly Kappa Psi meetings as well as Camp Kesem meetings. I am just gonna bet that its my body's way of adjusting to my new surroundings and hopefully things will return to normal sooner rather than later.

For those of you who heard me complain about my lack of current income, you will not have to hear me complain much longer!! About a week ago I interviewed for the CVS Intern program and got the call last week that I got the job. I will be placed at a CVS about 10 minutes from my condo and will be given an intern status. I am quite thrilled about this seeing that I have not worked in over a month and my bank account was dwindling quite quickly!!

In other news, my parents decided to come up for a few days this past Labor Day weekend. We went out to eat, toured the area, and spent good quality time together at the condo. Their visit will have to last me about a month before my Oct 8th trip down to NC. That weekend my sister will be participating in the Roxboro Junior Miss program and of course I will have to be there to cheer her on. That weekend also corresponds with our school's fall break. So I will get to stay that weekend and not have to come back until that Tuesday and needless to say a trip to Chapel Hill will be done in that weekend!

I am still working on the decorating portion of the condo and still have some final touches that I need to add so look for a post in the future about the condo and I promise there will be pictures that do it justice. Well, this is all the time I have allotted myself for a study break so I will have to return to GPCRs and other intracellular receptors!

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment