Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Meals By Me Monday...

Okay…so I know today is Tuesday and I just posted a blog about meals for Monday (because I love the alliteration). No, I am not losing it, but what I did lose was my internet connection, which prevented me from posting this on Monday. I have previously been like a sponge soaking up other people’s unsecured wireless connections. I know, I know, that is not exactly moral or honest of me. However, my philosophy is that if they did not want other people to use it they would have it secured with a password, so obviously they will not mind if I use it. So the internet connection that I had been using has now been secured with a password and therefore eliminating my internet connection all together.


So, as I have begun to live on my own I have tried to become more domestic. Lately I have started to become acquainted with my kitchen that in the past has not seen much love other than the use of the microwave. So I have decided to set a day aside to blog about my trials and errors in the cooking world. My love for alliteration has lead to the “Meals by Me Monday” tagline for my blog post each Monday. So look forward to some tasty meals that I will be testing out and hopefully I will have more successful trials rather than errors :)


This weekend as I was madly slaving away over PowerPoint slides studying for my exam this morning I found myself extremely hungry and decided to raid my cabinets to see what I could make with what I had. This was really easy and quick to make in addition to being cheap and especially delicious.




· 1 box of rotoni noodles

· 1 jar of pasta sauce

· 2 cups of cheese

o I used cheddar cheese and Monterey jack cheese, another good option would be Swiss cheese and mozzarella cheese for a larger variety.

· 2 tbs of vegetable oil

· you will also need a casserole dish





First you will need to precook the noodles before

adding them to the dish. After bringing the

water to a boil add the noodles and cook them

for about 8 minutes. You will not want to cook

them all the way through since you will be

baking them in the oven later for about 25 minutes.







After cooking the noodles, drain the water

from the pot and then add your 2 tablespoons

of vegetable oil to ensure that the noodles

will not stick together.







The next step will involve the pasta sauce.

Before you add the entire jar of pasta sauce

to the noodles, you are going to line the

bottom of the casserole dish with the pasta sauce.



With the remaining pasta sauce you are

going to add it to the noodles along

with 1 and ½ cups of the cheese.

The remaining cheese will be used on

the top of the dish.















After mixing all the ingredients together

you are now ready to put it into the

casserole dish and sprinkle the remaining

cheese on top and pop this baby into the

oven to finish the baking process.










You should preheat the oven to 350 before

you begin the prep portion so it can be

preheating while you are combining

your ingredients. You will bake this casserole

in the oven for about 25 minutes or

until the cheese on top turn a nice brown color.

I would recommend you just keep your eye on it.
























B.

No comments:

Post a Comment