Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday Night...

“Just got paid, Friday night, party hoppin' feelin right booties shakin', all aroundPump that jam, while I'm gettin' down” Okay so if you were a huge NSYNC fan like me you recognize this song right??...If not, you must have been spending your time memorizing all the Backstreet Boys songs which were obviously not as good as NSYNC, but that’s my opinion and feel free to disagree. However, unlike this song, I did not get paid, which is sad much like my bank account because I have not yet started working. They are still waiting for my background check to come back. I hope the fact that I have been arrested for cocaine charges and have a pending trial for my participation in an illegal drug ring does not lose me my internship. I joke because I feel the background check is unnecessary as I had to have a background check in order to get into Pharmacy School and never mind the fact that I have been an employee of your company for the past 3 years; you did not care those years if I had a clean criminal record or not; however, that is besides the point, the point is right now I still have not started working = no money = no booty shaking = no party hoppin’ on this Friday night. Actually, to be honest, if I did have a little bit of change in my pocket I doubt my activities for the evening would differ any.


You see, it is exam round 2 for my IBHS class on Monday. So this Friday night I have been tirelessly slaving away over my power point notes and relistening to the lectures….Okay so maybe that is a little bit of a fib…. In actuality those are my actual intentions that are being avoided right now by my little friend called Procrastination. After returning home from lab today, I have suddenly found the time to do my laundry, clean up my room and bathroom, cook dinner and clean up the dishes, watch today’s DVRed Oprah episode (which was great and made me cry like all the other episodes this week), and bake brownies. Okay so maybe it all was not procrastination, I mean I gotta eat right? And not to mention, I am yet again procrastinating by making a blog post. But you know if I don’t my avid readers will be disappointed that it has been over a week since my last post, so this isn’t procrastination either right?

Round 2 will commence Monday morning at 9 am and I hope this time that technology is on our side and we do not have another system malfunction. In addition I hope to have a KO for this exam :). This exam will actually mark the end of our first module in the IBHS class. WOW, on Monday we will have only been in school for close to a month and we are already finishing our first Module and that is 1 Module closer to my PharmD!


Other than studying and going to class my life has become exceptionally boring because of the fact I have little time to do anything else. However, I have become accustomed to living on my own and I think that it is starting to grow on me. I am really enjoying the independence, even though I already considered myself independent to some degree, this is a new sort of independence. I think one of the major things that I really enjoyed about owning a condo has been the decorating aspect and I have always said if I wasn’t doing pharmacy I would want to be an interior designer. My sister insists that it can be a hobby and has already gladly promised to let me decorate her house (in the long distant future). I have recently added things to my living room that I am quite proud of. The large portrait I painted last year and was adorned in our living room in Apt 244 and I took it with me when I moved.


In addition, the little canvases dispersed within the photos were a recent paint project of mine.

And of course my Home Sweet Home, which was also hung up in Apt 244 but it stands out a little better on the beige wall here.

In addition, I am proud of my little dining room area as well :)


Now off to study!!


B.

No comments:

Post a Comment