Monday, September 27, 2010

So, this weekend I really did not cook a meal, rather I did some baking. Two of my most favorite things in the world are chocolate and peanut butter. I especially love the combination of the two. As I was dawdling around the condo Saturday, I decided I would make some brownies. Not from scratch mind you, I had a box of brownies that merely needed me to mix the ingredients all together and bake in the oven. However, I also had some Reese's Cups just lying around and decided I should put them to good use and try to incorporate them into my brownies. Thus resulting in...






  • box of brownie mix (I prefer Duncan Hines chewy fudge)
  • bag of Reese's Peanut Butter cups (here I have used the larger cups and chopped them up, it may be easier to use the miniatures)
  • muffin pan



You will prepare the brownie mix as stated on the box. Next, after greasing the muffin pan, you will fill each muffin hole 1/2 inch with the brownie mix. This step is important because you want to make sure that you have enough brownie mix on the bottom so that when you add the Reese's cup it does not touch the bottom of the pan.








Next, since I had the large Reese's cups, i had to chop the cups into quarters so that one quarter of the cup was added to each of the brownies.










Now, it is time to place the Reese's cup into the center of each of the brownies. When you place the cup into the hole with the brownie mix make sure that you do not press too hard because if you do so the cup will move to the bottom of the pan and is more likely to burn (and nobody likes burnt brownies). After adding the cup, you will then cover each with more brownie mix.












For baking, you are really going to want to follow whichever directions were on your brownie box. For mine, the oven should be preheated to 350 and they baked for about 20 minutes. I like mine to have a chewy center, so I opt for the shorter baking period in order to achieve this.






























B.

No comments:

Post a Comment