Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Glitter Shoes

So the past few weeks have been a little crazy as my schedule has been a little overloaded with exams and obligations. However, one of the obligations that I have enjoyed has been with Kappa Psi. We have pledges this semester and I now have a little. For the first 2 weeks of pledging they did not know who their Bigs were and we had to give them gifts with clues as to who we were. Then last week we had a Big/Little Reveal where all the Bigs got their Littles a nice gift. Well, me loving crafts and such decided to go a little DIY with the gift I was going to give my little. So I began searching the web for ideas of what would be the perfect gift. Then I came across these glitter shoes and decided that it would be the perfect gift (and of course I would have to make me some as well) and so the crafting began......




Well what you will need :

* pair of flats (I suggest a canvas fabric since it will adhere better)
* mod podge
* glitter of your choice (I chose a rainbow mixture)
* sponge brush
* acrylic glaze spray




You will begin with coating a small portion of the shoe with the mod podge. Then you will add a good amount of glitter to the area in which the mod podge is located. Then you will tap the excess glitter off of the shoe. You will repeat this process until the entire shoe is covered.




I would allow the glitter and the mod podge solution to dry for at least 25 minutes and then you may repeat with another layer of glitter. I repeated this process for about 3 layers. Then I finished by spraying it with an acrylic glaze spray (do this in a well ventilated area as the smell is VERY strong)



Now you have a cute pair of shoes that will be sure to make your friends jealous :)
B.

1 comment: