Monday, March 21, 2011

Baby Shower Treats

This past weekend there was a baby shower for one of our pharmacists at work who is having a baby boy. SO of course I volunteered to make some yummy sweat treats for the occasion. I decided to make chocolate dipped pretzels, bellybuttons, and oreo truffle pops. I was very pleased with how all the things turned out in addition to no complaints from the those in attendance at the shower.

The pretzels were very quick and easy to make and merely just involved melting the chocolate (I used almond bark) and dipping the pretzel in it and sprinkling sprinkled and allowing it to set.






The next tasty treat I made was the bellybuttons. These are just as equally quick and easy to do. The first thing you want to do is to preheat your oven to 275 F. Next, you need to lay out all the pretzels you want on the cookie sheet pan and then add the Hershey Hugs on top (I also made these with Rolo candy and the caramel inside turned out to be a favorite among my friends as well). After the oven is preheated you pop these in the oven for about 3 minutes. You are looking for the Hugs to get a slumped and droopy appearance. After this time you will remove the cookie sheet from the oven and start placing the M&Ms of your choice on top. I chose to use all blue colored M&Ms since she is having a baby boy!




I found these cute colored pails at Target for $1!!


Last but certainly not least (since it was my favorite treat made) are the Oreo Truffle Pops. A friend of mine introduced me to oreo truffles about a month ago and they are AmAzInG!! I was blog surfing during class one day during my free time and saw where some lady had make these cute cake pops on sticks and thought they would be awesome using the oreo truffles. However, this treat is not as quick as the previous two treats and requires a little prep time as well.


First you will need to let the cream cheese sit out for a while to give it time to soften so it will blend more easily with the oreos. Next you will need to crush an entire pack of oreos (or my Walmart Brand Twist and Shouts) very finely. Once the cream cheese is spreadable you can mix all of those ingredients together.



Next, You will need to form the oreos into balls. Once they are in "ball" shapes you can place them in the refrigerator. I let mine stay overnight because I wanted them to be good and hard for when I was going to be dipping them.



The next morning, I took out the oreo balls and was ready to start dipping. First I poured a small amount of candy melts into a microwavable bowl and follows the directions on the package, microwaving in 15 second intervals. Next, I retrieved a lollipop stick and stuck it inside the ball and then proceeded to dip it in the blue colored vanilla coating. Make sure to twirl the pop around to get any excess coating off so that you will not get clumps. Next I added sprinkles to the coating before it could dry and then viola, an oreo truffle pop!



I made a little make-shift pop holder so that my pops could harden while I finished making the rest. All I did was punch tiny holes into the top of a shoe box lid and set that across a cake pan and it did the trick.





I hope that Baby Andrew enjoyed his shower and treats just as much as I did!




B.

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! I just realized I never got back to you about the Cherries in the Snow. Sorry dear. If it wasn't for this party, I'll still get it for you! :) haha

    ReplyDelete