Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Back to the Grind...

Okay, so I realize it has been nearly a week since I have blogged about the exciting adventures of a recent college grad who works nearly 40 hours a week and spends the majority of her time with children. Sorry, I know you all are anxiously awaiting to hear my exciting stories and new happenings in my life ;)

So.... this week I am back to the grind of my normal weekly schedule, after having the majority of the week off last week when the two families I babysit for decided to take beach trips. Too bad they decided to take that week off, did they not know that one of my best friend's birthday was that Tuesday and we were going out celebrating that Friday night. Thus meaning I could not take the week off and go to the beach which would have been lovely. But, I guess I could have gone to the beach anyway.....Nah, I would have never traded spending Amanda's birthday with her for a trip to the beach, hey the beach is always there and a person only turns 21 once!

Speaking of birthdays, here are some photos from the evening


Drink Responsibly

Okay, so as previously stated, I had the majority of the week off last week and, if you know me you know, I like to stay busy so needless to say I did not know what to do with myself last week, having absolutely nothing to do last week and not to mention not having any kids to fix dinner for, give baths to, read stories to, do chores with, take to swim practice, play UNO with, swing on the swings with and really the list goes on and on.....But this week, I am back in full force in my duty as childcare provider (because that sounds way more serious and more official than babysitter and nanny). Boy oh boy, had I missed them!! I think that these kids are keeping me young, okay so I know I just turned 21 but really though I have excuses to color with crayons and play Barbie's again, you know all you closet colorers (not quite sure if that is a word) out there are jealous. I seriously have joked with my mom several times about just becoming a professional Babysitter and believe me, in Chapel Hill you could definitely make a career out of it, if only they provided insurance and a retirement benefits. But as I babysat for my two families today, I realized that I would only be doing so for a mere two weeks more. This has made me a little sad to think that I will soon be leaving these kids that I have watched grow up so much in this past year. My seven year old twins Avery and Benjamin have gotten so good at reading and have almost mastered their times tables! My little Christopher who just turned 6 has now reading and is learning to swim and just won a race doing the back stroke!
This little man below is Caleb and he is also 6 and he too has learned to read and quite well I might add.

Joshua is my little buddy who is now 4 and he is just too stinking cute when he smiles I had to include him in this post too :)


Well, I dont want to spoil all you avid readers of this blog with a super long post because I know I will never be able to make each post long and interesting so thats all folks, Yall come back now ya hear :)


B.

No comments:

Post a Comment