Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Midweek Mayhem.....

This day has definitely been a busy one in comparison to my previous Wednesdays!! I go to work in about 30minutes and decided I had just enough time to write a quick post :)

Monday marked the first exam of our second module for pharmacy school and it was quite successful! I keep asking myself, how is it that I am making more A's than I ever did in undergrad?? Oh yeah, thats right I went to UNC for undergrad! But, I do like this change because instead of studying my butt off and receiving the average grade at UNC, I am studying my butt off and doing well above the average and that is definitely a key motivator for me to continue to do well.

Yesterday, was my first night at my new intern position at CVS Pharmacy. Well, this CVS is much different than mine back home and slightly more busy. This store has 2 drive thrus. Yes, 2!!! I can hardly stand the existence of 1 drive thru and this one has 2!!! And you will never guess where I was place for my first shift??!!, Yes, you got it, at the drive thru ! The one thing I was dreading with moving to a new CVS was the people that I would be working with. I have worked with some of the people at my CVS for the past 3 years and developed great relationships with them and I was scared of walking into a lions den that lacked southern hospitality. However, much to my dismay, I was welcomed quite genuinely. There are many pharmacy students that also work there which made me feel more at ease. So all in all I think I will be okay with this change.

And Today, well this is supposed to be my day of relaxation. Well nope, not today. I visited with my resident this morning and then got on my shopping shoes to hunt for a dress. Okay, so let me just say that the shopping here is very limited and I really miss having Southpointe at my fingertips!! This weekend I will be going home to watch my sister participate in our county's Junior Miss program, so of course I needed something to wear because of course ( much to mother's dismay) I had nothing to wear in my closet :) Well after 3 hours of shopping I finally found a cute simple black dress at Target!!! On that note, I am soooooo excited to be coming down to NC this weekend to spend time with family and my friends!!! But I am getting ahead of myself because before I can leave Friday afternoon, I have a Pharm Calc quiz, Lab quiz, and a Patient counseling Assessment to complete!! WHoo Hoo! But the time has now come for me to head off to Day 2 of work, wish me luck!

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment