Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Where has the time gone...

Okay so I know it has been almost 3 weeks since my last post, and I am waaaay over due for a new post. Luckily for you, I have been completely busy these past 3 weeks and will have lots of stuff to blog about!!

First things first, I have now officially moved into my new condo and have spent 3 consecutive nights here!!! Yay!!! But I am getting ahead of myself....

So the first week of August I took a beach trip with a few of my closest friends and as my friend Laura called it, it was my "last hoorah in NC." We had an absolutely wonderful week filled with only relaxing days and void of all drama. We even had a lovely lady who has been MIA for the entire summer come visit us and boy was I happy to see my Roman and so thankful she came to spend a few days with us. I even got creative and made coozies for the gang so we would have something to put our cold beverages in.

We devised a dinner system to decrease the money we would have to spend on meals, so we each took a day and cooked dinner for everyone. The first night we cooked it was Erin's turn. She excels in the Mexican arena and prepared us tacos (soft and hard shells) along with rice and guacamole and chips. Might I add, I believe Erin makes the best guacamole I have ever eaten!!

The next night Amanda prepared dinner for us. She baked a chicken casserole dinner with rice, green beans, and yummy yeast rolls.

The third night was my responsibility and of course I cooked the one thing that I really know how to cook which was spaghetti. We had that in addition to salad and garlic texas toast.

The final evening Laura cooked dinner and cooked a pork chop dinner with green beans.

During the course of the week we went to the beach, laid out at the pool, and read tons of books. I finished reading Sisters Ink which is a Christian novel based on a young woman who faces struggles of everyday life with conflicts between the heart and career aspirations and how you can lose yourself along the way. When I finished that I began reading Something Borrowed which was also another good one that I absolutely could not put down, if you want a book with good drama I highly recommend this one. The final book I read that week was one that I began one morning and literally did not stop reading it until I finished it. This book was Nicholas Sparks' A Bend in the Road. This one is a tear jerker so be prepared to read it with a box of tissues by your side.

The final night we were at the beach we decided that of course we had to go play putt-putt so we went to Mt. Atlantis to play the course and it was so much fun, I had not played since senior year of high school! We had tons of fun and everyone got a hole in one at least one time. It also turned out that I won that night by having the fewest strokes. However, Amanda almost won a lifetime pass for Mt. Atlantis because on the 19th hole she almost hit it straight on the incredible skinny path that lead to the hole. The only problem with her hit was that her strength overpowered the ball and it overshot the hole. But she is still a hole in one winner in our minds!! So all in all, the beach trip was a total success!!

After the beach, I had Chris and Tara's wedding to go to on Saturday and then the next morning I had to leave to go to Camp Kesem have no fear my Kesem blog will be next. So for the next week I was separated from the rest of society and the real world and spent the week totally devoted to making it a week the kids would never forget! The camp ended on Sunday and when I got back to Chapel Hill I had to hurry back to Roxboro so I could pack up my car and head up here to Winchester with my mom and dad to finish moving me all in. Then, bright and early Monday morning at 9am my week long orientation at Shenandoah Pharmacy School began. As I have finished day 3 now, I am tired and ready for my day off tomorrow! The guy from Dish network is supposed to be coming sometime between 8 and 12 to set up my satellite and I am so excited!! I have gotten most things up in the condo but I will be sure to upload photos as soon as I have everything in place to show you the final product.

So I have also received a new laptop for Pharmacy School and I still haven't quite learned all the ins and outs of it yet so I am off to play with it some more to get more acquainted with it.
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment